You can’t go wrong with Slow Cooker Spicy Taco Soup. Not only is it a hit for dinner, it also saves well in the freezer for a quick and easy dinner a month or two down the road.
Spicy Taco Soup has plenty of savory flavors which meld together as the soup simmers all day in the slow cooker. Ingredients include: beef, tomatoes, carrots, celery, corn, beans, and plenty of other spices and herbs.
Spicy Taco Soup Recipe
- 1 lb ground beef
- 15 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup beef or vegetable broth/stock
- 5 cloves of garlic, diced
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 8 oz can of corn, drained
- 8 oz can of black beans, drained
- Cumin to taste
- Chili powder to taste
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet. Add the carrot and onion. Cook until soft. Add the garlic and cook for about one minute
- Drain the grease and pour the meat mixture into a slow cooker. Add the remaining ingredients and stir
- Slow cook on low for 8 hours
Ladle into soup bowls and top with your favorite fixings!
Taco soup can easily cater to many different tastes. Have it with meat or have it without. Alter the toppings to add to the soup’s flavor.
Taco Soup Toppings
There are many options when it comes to taco soup toppings. Add extra spice, a little cream, or some fresh herbs. Topping suggestions include:
- Sour cream
- Cheddar cheese
- Tortilla chips or Fritos
Meat or Not to Meat
Beef or chicken are great additions to Spicy Taco Soup. Still though, it’s a great recipe without meat. Add additional beans or leave it as is without the meat. It will not disappoint!
All photos in this post were taken by writingbylj. To see more food ideas, follow me on Instagram.